Thursday, July 21, 2005

SHARP TURN IN THE ROAD..

Ive always taken pride in the fact that I like adventure. IM always looking to challenge myself & be open to new things.. To see the signs..
Trust my gut.
Todd on the other hand is quiet, conservative, methodical & slow to act.
Our family joke goes something like this.

Todd: Born in the box. Grew up in the box.
Chained to the bottom of the box!
I
Y MY BOX!


Rain:Box? Whats a BOX?? If there's one involved,
I'm not going!!! x boxes!!!!


That being said.... A friend I met online has a blog (the inspiration of this one!) He mentioned there were still some kids available for adoption through a hosting program in @@@@@ multi-state area. (Several states away) Being curious, I called the number.. Suddenly in my mailbox were the sweetest pix of several children. Curiously, in the @@ area there were THREE little girls! After talking to the New Agency, I was hooked up with actual phone numbers to the host families...
After calling all three & having to leave messages I was beside myself!




" Uh Hi my name is Rain and uh Im in GA and uh if you don't want the girl I'll take her???
No..
Hi I'm Rain, can I come meet your child since
obviously you're not going to
adopt her?
Sure! I'll fly all the way from Atlanta
on the bizarre chance
that the child
sitting across from you, is really
meant to be MY
daughter!?????
GEEEEEZZ!"


The little girl that really intrigued me was "Peanut 3" , The adoption gods were on my side & the host family called back fairly soon after my incoherent message!
Oddly as I write this hours later, the other two have not!
Suffice to say... As it looks now,
Rain will be on a plane to ** this Sat. Morning!
I will have to change agencies = more $$$ ;(
No time to think......No promises when I get there....
Am I setting myself up for more pain & heartache?
SURVEY SAYS??????
Stay tuned for Monday's edition!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home