Friday, April 20, 2007

word from Russia ( but not THE word!)

I about came unglued today when an email showed up. I fumbled to translate the darn thing and got all happy when I read "we are pleased to inform applicants..."

what it really meant was
"Dont call us we'll call you!"
Kidding! But it does confirm they got our official request to adopt A.
They again now have 30 days to make a definite decision.

In the meantime, all American agencies have lost their accreditation to adopt in Russia.
BOO!
Some regions (like our 50 states) continue to process what they call independent adoptions ( this is what we are hoping to do.) but for the most part everything has come to a screaching halt.

Ah! But the sign of the day???
LOOK AT WHERE THESE DOCUMENTS HAD TO GO TO GET TO SIBERIA!!

Two stops in the US
Korea
Germany
Belgium
Moscow
Western Far East Russian Federation


I gave them all the info (along with pix) of where to even find the child!!
Make it easy for them I say!

2 Comments:

Blogger votemom said...

good news indeed!

4:56 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Hi Rain,

I hadn't checked your blog in a long time but decided to on a whim today. I'm so glad you're blogging about this journey. I'll be following along with you! Lisa

12:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home