Monday, June 18, 2007

ROLLER COASTER CONTINUES...

OK.. I WAS SO NERVOUS ABOUT THE THOUGHT OF TALKING TO THE GIRLS!!!
After two hrs though we couldnt get through..By this time Ms Summer has wandered in & out & mostly I was just shushing her. (trying to focus on translator.) Unbeknownst to all of us she snuck upstairs.. found some scissors and...
CUT OFF ALL HER HAIR!!!
Of course I didnt see it til the next day. We were horrified!!!It took us almost two years to have any hair, and now we are back at square one.... As upset as I was, I cponcentrated on the fact that she was SAFE. That's all that really matters....

Last nite when it was calm & quiet I asked her
" Why did you cut your hair?"
She said " I wanted to look like a baby & babies dont have hair"
So of course I asked
"Why do you want to look like a baby?"
she said.....

"BECAUSE MOMMIES NEVER EVER LEAVE THEIR BABIES"

sigh that is something I tell her ALL the time!!
Ok so maybe she got freaked when I told her we were going to talk to her sisters...;( all I wanted to do was prepare her, not send her into a tailspin thinking she might be going back to Russia..
KNOW BETTER
DO BETTER..... sigh

So we worte a letter to the orphanage and I had my attorney resend the adoption request. Now we wait I suppose. All calls are off til we hear something more concrete. I really do want to do this with integrity..
The knowing I could call them is killing me tho!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger mommyto5 said...

Sorry you did not get to talk to the girls. I know you were so looking forward to it. Prayers you hear good news soon. Poor little Summer it is so sad to think what goes thru there little minds. Nice to hear she can talk to you about it though.

6:12 AM  
Blogger votemom said...

awww, summer.

remember....... when it's all God, it's all good.

"He may seem slow in moving, but He is never late." - dobson

6:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home