Thursday, January 31, 2008

HERE WE WAIT AGAIN!

Ok, so today is one week since we sent a letter to the orphanage director asking for permission to visit. We had to hand deliver it and it's NOT FAST should she choose to write back so we are going to try calling today ( its actuall FRI there already) There is no telling what she will say, but I feel that since she was open to the searchers visiting surely she'd allow me to come in person. We cant move forward on visas or plans of any sort until we know she will allow this visit. So hard to sit back & let others call all the shots! ARGH! LOL I have to laugh seeing as there are still so many hurdles to overcome. It will be nothing short of amazing to watch all this come together!
Cool story from yesterday.. I was running behind as I packed up my stuff & Summer and was heading to work when the Expedition wouldnt start!
Normally I dont drive the Porsche with Summer (for safety reasons) but I had no choice.Anyway when I got off the sun was peeking out & she BEGGED me to put the top down. We blasted the radio and she was singing & dancing like no tomorrow! At a stop light she was chattering to the lady next to us
"We are driving with the top down!!! This is a PORCH car!!!" it was so cute. Then the song came on
" I'M PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN..." well she picked right up and was siging the chorus when we just HAPPENED to pass the DFACS office. Out front was the sign "ADOPT TODAY!"
(I'm TRYING HONEY!!)
the VERY sign that got us started on being foster parents
that led us to adopting Summer.
WHEW surreal I tell you!

Happiness is finding joy & inspiration on the simple ride home.

Ok going to find Vigilante Translator Guy to see what's UP in Siberia!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Kristan and Mark said...

It's never boring is it my friend.

Can't wait to see how this entire journey plays out! Of course I'm praying for a happy ending and your girl coming home.

5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home