Sunday, October 14, 2007

LETS START FROM BEGINNING!

It has been awhile and I dont expect anyone to read thru all the posts to get to the current situation so here goes!


We brought home Summer in May '06. We learned in court that she had a total of 4 other sisters. 23,16,13,& 9. Only "A"the youngest was a full bio sibling, (but they all had the same mother) When we first met Summer we asked to meet the one & only sister they told us about. Both trips they said " Forget her, she is too old and lives far far away" (like uh- I had just traveled literally around the world, whats a few more hours on the Trans Siberian railway???) Having NO INFO we went on with our lives.
Months later I heard they had updated the Russian website for orphans. With nothing to go on I surfed and surfed the faces on hundreds of sad faces.Then... I found her. IT WAS HER! OMG NO ONE COULD TELL ME DIFFERENTLY! she looked exactly like Summer! But since I couldnt match any info, I printed out the pix and hung it by my computer. Todd said I was wishful thinking but it couldnt be her.


There is a blog entry about the day I "accidently" going thru the Russian adoption papers to sign Sum up for school and found "A" info! I had it all along!!! It was in English but in the non translated side of papers!
I FLEW to the computer and to the Russian orphan site...in a stunned daze I saw that all the info matched on the little face I knew was Summers sister!
We got an attorney and filed a request to adopt her. Months later (darn this process!!) they wrote back and said we couldnt adopt her because she was with ANOTHER sister in the same orphange! Thinking it was "B" the 13 yr old we resent a new request asking for BOTH girls. Imagine our surpise when the judge said "No, it is not the 13 yr old but yet ANOTHER sister "C" who is 15. We asked for her anyway! But alas the judge wrote back and said they were close to the oldest sister who lived on the outside and visited regularly. They did not want to separate them so NO. We did not know if the older sister "D" knew we were trying to adopt the younger girls, so we decided t do the search to find her & ask if she would consent to us adopting them.According to Russian law if she says yes (she did for Summer) then hopefully we can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home