Sunday, October 14, 2007

SURREAL....

you're never going to believe this......


So there I was, sitting in my cold hotel room in Siberia, in the middle of the night, waiting (with just minutes left on my international cell phone) to hear back from the doctors in the US, who Todd & I decided would have the final say so, on whether or not we agreed to adopt little Sasha (AKA Summer) The Russian docs thought she had a tumor in her eye (among other scary things)

My flite was only hours away and I had not fully given my heart to her.. trying to protect myself...
it was dark ( in an effort not to awaken Mildred)..
then out of NOWHERE the clock radio started playing an AMERICAN SONG...

"I will go down with this ship...
I wont put my hands up, in surrender..

there will be NO WHITE FLAG ABOVE MY DOOR.."

well I just started bawling because throughout out the whole adoption mess (almost two years, I had REFUSED to give up I was GOING to bring her home!!!)
That had always been mine & Gods song for the adoption..

Minutes later, the Dr. called. I hung up called Todd and only managed to get out the words..
WE HAVE A DAUGHTER!!!! then...
my phone went dead.......

ok ok ok so.

Last week I had the daunting task of writing the actual letter that would be hand carried SUNDAY, to Siberia via a search team, to be given to Summer's oldest sister ( providing they can actually FIND HER)
I sat here pouring over pix and wondering how on EARTH I was going to find the words to express our thanks to her for letting us take Summer in the first place, let alone asking if we can come back and take "A" 9 yr) The oldest sister has the power to grant this despite the judge's ruling that he wont separate the girls.

I had been an emotional mess all day...
I glanced over at the phone only to see there had been a voicemail that I had somehow missed.

I almost hung up when there was no voice at first,
only faint music playing....
curious, hmm a song..
it sounds familiar...
as I listen more closely I hear...

I WILL GO DOWN WITH THIS SHIP,
I WONT RAISE MY HANDS IN SURRENDER......"

THERE WILL BE NO WHITE FLAG
ABOVE MY DOOR.....


it is a SIGN..
a GIFT...

God is still here & it isnt over yet with these sisters!!!!

When the song ends... I hear my neighbor Amanda
saying goodbye to the kids, during morning carpool hours earlier..
not even knowing her accidental recording has made my day!!

WOW ANGELS AMONG US!!!!!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

THAT is one amazing story! I have always believed that things happen for a reason... what special reassurances you are being given in this crazy journey!

God bless, and please keep us all posted! Your journey continues to give me chills and bring me hope.

XO Lisa

5:09 PM  
Blogger Esther said...

WOW! What a long journey!

I'm so happy for you that you are able to still continue ;o)

I know for us, adopting two bio sisters has meant the world to them. And us.

5:35 PM  
Blogger Kimberly said...

What an amazing story Rainy!!

I'm so excited to hear the continuation of it.

6:29 AM  
Blogger Suz said...

Rainy, I followed your story on FRUA and then you just - disappeared.

The last week or so you've been heavy on my mind. I've been wondering so much what happened with these sisters.

I found this blog mentioned on another blog and am so excited to see that there is still hope!

I will look forward to watching to see what happens next!

9:14 AM  
Blogger Kristan and Mark said...

Oh my friend!! I can't wait to see where this journey leads all of you! Prayers and hugs! I'm stying tuned!!
Kristan

9:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home