Thursday, December 13, 2007

PUSHING HARD ON THE WALL OF NO.

SIGH.. Sitting here listening to Christmas music, I caught up on several of my favorite adoption blogs.
I am overcome with happiness for my friend Lisa who has FINALLY gone to bring her girls home!! She had started out in Blago along with us almost three ( can it be?) years ago. Finally the circle is complete. There were 6 families caught up in the Blago mess. I managed to get Summer home as did one other family ( read earlier posts about them!) Three families went on to adopt from other regions/countries & one family adopted from the US foster care system. You simply cannot write this stuff!
update. It turns out that Ali (as we now refer to her) is so far into Siberia that no one literally goes there no Fed-Ex, DHL, or even mail for all we know. I am stumped as to what to do next. We had really hoped to send more letters & pictures and try to get to know the orphanage director before officially requesting the judge to adopt her
(for what will be the third time)
So many unknowns..
Each time I sit down to try & write a letter to the judge I just cant. How can I put everything into words?
This isnt just a peice of paper to be taken lightly.
He has said no twice before ..
I need him to change his heart!

We are in the middle of trying to move into a bigger house ( yes partly for her)so we are living out of boxes, trying to sell our house and then the not knowing about Ali, well let's just say it's hard some days.
I truly believe if there is a way I WILL FIND IT!
I have a little plan up my sleeves. Will let you in on it in a few days...

The boys have come around and I dare say look forward to having a new sister! Summer prays to God. "Please bring Ali home"
She draws her pix and I try in vain to explain we cant send them!

Anyway please keep her in your thoughts! Thank you to my friends who encourage me so with their stories of steadfastness and success.
I have seen sad journeys turn to happy ones and I'm claiming that for us as well!

2 Comments:

Blogger votemom said...

as the very old and very true saying goes...

"we don't know what the future holds, but we know WHO holds the future."

10:17 AM  
Blogger Kristan and Mark said...

So glad to see you update!!

Thanks for the beautiful Christmas card!!

Praying that next Christmas or one Christmas in the future we will see a family of six!

I think about Ali, Yuri and Sasha. How blessed they are to have people who fought (are fighting) so hard to give them a family, and yet have (had no) idea they were ever wanted and loved so much!

7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home